Steps to Membership in the
Austintown Baptist Church Family
We are so glad you have an interest in the Lord Jesus and His Church. A person’s relationship with Jesus Christ is the most important decision they make. In fact, we feel it is so important that there should be some clear communication with every person who seeks to connect with us here at Austintown Baptist Church. The information below will answer questions and tell you all you need to know to get started.
Austintown Baptist receives new members by:
- Transfer of membership from another Southern Baptist congregation.
- Statement of Faith from a church of similar faith practices. This includes declaring you have trusted in Jesus as your Savior and have been baptized by immersion.
- A profession of Faith in Jesus Christ and request for baptism.
The process goes like this:
- Pray on if God wants you to be a member of Austintown Baptist, and are there any area's you are willing to serve.
- When you feel this is the church family for you and that God is definitely leading you, you may then come forward during the “Response Time” at the end of every Sunday service. The Pastor will introduce you to the congregation.
So there, it is a simple process! We look forward to opening our arms to you. Please call the church office or see any of our ministerial staff to get started.
Important! – If you are sixteen years or younger please be prepared to have a parent or guardian speak to our Pastor before you join Austintown Baptist Church. Children must have an understanding of what baptism means, and why they want to be baptized.